On 6/4/20 2:50 AM, Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
> You do know that spammers run ESPs and consider themselves reputable,
> yes? How useful will the header be when they start putting it in even
> when the mail isn’t confirmed?

My point was that if a large ESP started doing this, *and* the ESP did
it reliably and honestly, *and* receiving entities noticed and believed
that the ESP did it reliably and honestly, then a receiving entity could
decide to start weighting that header positively for mail from that ESP.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone would trust such a header without strong
evidence that a particular ESP was doing it reliably and honestly.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/