> On the advice of their lawyers Microsoft doesn’t share that information
with senders.

And I understand the reasons for that.  But... can't you see how this turns
into a "he said / she said" argument?

Microsoft: "Your IP sent us spam, so we're blocking you."
Mail Server Admin: "I don't see any spam being sent, I don't see the IP on
any other blacklisting, can you prove it?"
Microsoft: "Uh... no... we can't detail that information - you just have to
trust us."
Microsoft: "Oh, and by the way, we're ignoring you now... so brownie points
for the whole trust thing!"

I guess if you block all incoming traffic on port 25 to your mail
servers... you're pretty much going to be guaranteed to stop all of your
users from receiving spam.