Maybe the answer is that not enough other mail server administrators are
shining a light on just how poorly Microsoft (and any other big named
provider) does in regards to incidents like this.

In my particular case at the moment, Microsoft is blocking one of our mail
server IPs.

Microsoft has not provided any evidence that anything bad has ever come
from this IP address.  (Which the pros/cons of disclosing this have already
been discussed)

The IP is not listed on any other public spam blacklist.

The IP has a Senderscore of 99 - which I think still means something?

All-in-all I'm just not seeing why Microsoft is blocking the IP.  Show me
some proof and I'll believe you.

Outside of that, what am I suppose to do to resolve whatever that issue
might be?  Since you won't tell me what the issue is.  I guess you just
want us to lie on the ticket replies and say "We've resolved these issues"
even though I didn't do anything.  This is how the problem just keeps
snowballing into larger and larger problems.

Now is the IP blocked because of a larger class-C, class-B, or some subnet
block?  That'd be nice to know.  But even if it is, if you're not seeing
any activity from the specific IP address I'm referring to, why can't you
just whitelist that IP from the subnet block?

It's impossible to get a hold of anyone using Microsoft website contact
form links that knows a lick about how their own mail servers work.  If you
tell them that you're IP is blocked they try to figure out why you can't
access http://outlook.com

All the while, our users see us as being the bad guys.  They don't believe
that Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook can be a bad guy because they're too big.  I
would be half a good mind to tell our users to sign up for this Mailops
mailing list, just so they can read all of the horror stories that happen
with Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook mail server blocks.