----- Original Message -----
> From: "Andrew C Aitchison via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org>

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
>
>> * Stop promoting DNS over HTTPS as a good thing.. ;)
>
> Care to elaborate ?

Sure.  At it's most fundamental level, giving web browsers a different way to
do DNS lookups overcomplicates debugging of problems by at least a couple
orders of magnitude, even before you multiply it by "trying to get a straight
answer out of the end user".

Everything on a machine should use the same OS provided facility for looking
up DNS.

Additionally, nearly as I can tell, the aptly named D'oH is solving a problem
that *users* don't have.  But that's a separate issue.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       j...@baylink.com