On 2020-07-06 06:39, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
Dnia  5.07.2020 o godz. 14:13:03 Chris via mailop pisze:
Not to mention DNS over HTTPS breaks or renders ineffective most
types of content filtering.

That's a secondary concern perhaps. I'm betting 99% of users don't
have content filtering and don't want it.

Corporates need it.  Not all users are retail.

But is content filtering - especially in corporations - really based on DNS?

Yes, really. In a previous life I worked for Nortel in network security. You may have heard of it. We used it internally and were spinning up products (I was involved in functional specification writing) around it over a decade ago.

Proofpoint and Microsoft, for example, have major anti-malware products based around it, and you'd be surprised at "big 5" level entities who are using them internally.

Then of course there's RPZ.