Von: Matthias Leisi via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag 9 Juli 2020 00:27
An: mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
Betreff: Re: [mailop] Post-processing Journal-Mails coming from O365,
forwardedMail

there is a feature in O365 that forwards mails (in/out/both..) to an
archive-mailbox for long-term archiving.

We grab this mails via pop. However our available mail-readers (Thunderbird,
Kopano) show the original mail as attachment.

This is the „envelope wrapper“ format. It contains the _final_ recipient(s) of
the email (eg after aliasing, distribution list expansion etc), and contains
the original email - headers and body - unchanged. The advantage is that the
archiving process does not need to do any of the logic Exchange does (no
further LDAP lookups etc).

I understand. Are there any command line unix tools, to split off, the original
mail?

This makes it very hard for handling/searching/reading of these mails.

Are there any tools available to just have the attachment that is the real and