On 8 Jul 2020, at 22:36, Stefan Bauer via mailop wrote:

there is a feature in O365 that forwards mails (in/out/both..) to an archive-mailbox for long-term archiving.

We grab this mails via pop. However our available mail-readers (Thunderbird, Kopano) show the original mail as attachment.

This is the „envelope wrapper“ format. It contains the _final_ recipient(s) of the email (eg after aliasing, distribution list expansion etc), and contains the original email - headers and body - unchanged. The advantage is that the archiving process does not need to do any of the logic Exchange does (no further LDAP lookups etc).

Can someone donate a test message through pastebin? I would like to take a look at one directly.

Best regards

-lem