Dnia 23.07.2020 o godz. 13:05:26 Brandon Long via mailop pisze:
> I don't know whether you're talking about a real thing or not.
>
> DKIM is a digital signature of a message, and obviously broadly deployed,
> but there
> are no Certificate Authorities involved.  Keys are self generated and
> depend on
> DNS ownership, no more.
>
> S/MIME offers more traditional digital signatures using CA signed
> certificates.  I would
> not call that widely deployed, I certainly have never seen it from any
> marketing/transactional
> mail, maybe once or twice from a medical insurance company.  Support in
> mail clients is
> fairly widely deployed, possibly more so than DKIM.

I'm talking exactly about "real", S/MIME digital signing of the message
contents. As I have already mentioned, I routinely receive S/MIME digitally
signed messages from companies that have actual reasons to write to me, like
my bank, my phone operator, my ISP etc. Messages from them (for example
informing about monthly bills etc.) are always digitally signed.

Of course, there's no need to digitally sign a marketing message, because
there's no critical information in it, that needs to be authenticated and
verified. It's just blah-blah-blah. There's no need to use BIMI as well,
other than purely marketing purposes, as I already wrote - to push the
company's logo before recipient's eyes even if he/she decides to delete the
message right away and don't open it. That's the real purpose of BIMI -
"even if recipient decides not to read our message, let's force him/her to
see our logo at least". It has nothing to do with protection against
anything.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa