In article <28453035-f078-4311-8472-1aa190c45...@isipp.com> you write:

>> Did you not read what I quoted from the Spamhaus website? They are based
>> in Switzerland and Andorra, not the UK. My assumption is that there is
>> basically no chance of any U.S. ruling being enforced in either of these
>> two countries, unless it is related to a serious crime.
>
>From the judgement:
>
>"he plaintiff has shown that it has complied with the Hague Convention and
>personally served a representative authorized to accept service
>of process in London."

The Spamhaus Project has not been located in the UK for a long time.
Whoever the process server handed his paperwork to, it wasn't
Spamhaus.

Ever since the E360 fiasco Spamhaus hasn't responded to US suits. They
have no assets in the US, and while responding to tell the US court
that it doesn't have jurisdiction is possible, it's expensive and not
very productive.

They really do have their office in Andorra and could be served or
sued there, but I doubt the kinds of organizations that are likely to
sue them would make much headway in Andorran courts.

It is my impression that for this particular suit, Spamhaus wasn't
even aware of it until someone noticed a press release.