Hi Gang

We use DoveCot as IMAP Server and have limited the number of
connections per IMAP account to 20 which looks to have been sufficient
in the past couple of years.

Since about two weeks we get an increased number of users complaining
about IMAP connections problem and name (0x8...) error message which
outlook 2016 throws at them.

When looking at the log, we see those users sometimes hit the 20 IMAP
connections limit. So we increased this limit to 50 connections per
user+ip and they still hit it.

This ONLY happens with customers using outlook 2016. Any other clients
never hit this issue.

So I wonder if Microsoft has rolled out some weird update for outlook
2016 lately or if anyone could have a hint on what causes this issue
and how to solve.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden