>> It was Mr. Charles Benn who, according to the service of process affidavit,
>> was authorized to receive process on their behalf.
>
> It won't surprise you to learn that we have absolutely no clue who "Charles
> Benn" is, literally never heard of the guy.

Steve, my working theory is that Charlie Benn is a receptionist at the W1
communications office building which you used to list as an address;  I've seen
this sort of scenario happen on several occasions, and the proof of service
filed by the process server bears that out.  Of course, if he could not accept
service for Spamhaus he should have told the process server so, instead of
accepting service.  Given that the location is a virtual office type place, in
which, I imagine, nobody from Spamhaus has set foot in some years (if ever), it
makes perfect sense that nobody in our communities knows who Charlie Benn is,
if he is the receptionist at such a place.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell,  Attorney at Law
Dean of Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Legislative Consultant, GDPR, CCPA (CA) & CCDPA (CO) Compliance Consultant
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Former Counsel: Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)