Well, I really just wanted to see what the rest of the community was doing
in regards to this.  Seems the resounding answer is a "prefer TLS, but
don't disqualify if no TLS" or "opportunistic" TLS.

However, experience has also taught me, if you don't force people to make
changes then they're not going to change.  In regards to that, maybe this
never becomes an issue.  But if the point is to go all TLS all the time,
you're going to have to publicly shame those that are dragging their feet
or just cut off communication with them entirely.  Maybe some of the
administrators to these mail servers don't realize that their mail servers
aren't handling STARTTLS and bringing awareness to that (in the form of
their users not receiving all of their emails) is a way to light a fire
under them.

I just wanted to gauge what other mail server administrators were doing in
regards to this.  The response is kind of what i expected, but the shift in
wanting TLS and encryption on every connection, kind of made me question
what the response would be.