> ... people still DO that? Sorry.

Yes, people do still do that, unless you count yours truly as "not
people" =:->=

It's hard to have HTML/JavaScript rendering related security problems
when you don't. It's nice to run the mail client on a server that you
can ssh to from anything, and it's really difficult for the Windows
malware to do anything in a system that does not, cannot, and will not
execute email attachments - and could not even do so because it doesn't
even run Windows.

It's also very difficult to get a shell window, mutt and vi stuck in
some kind of an obscure loop that is perfectly trivial to do in a gooey
application or the browser.

(Some time ago I might have added "and isn't even based on x86" to the
bit about running windows apps. Maybe I'll go back to that and run Mutt
on ARM instead. Wonder how much it would cost to host an army of Pi at
a commercial datacenter. My SPARC Solaris 10 box is still doing fine :-D)

> Aloha,
> Michael.
> --
> Michael J Wise
> Microsoft Corporation| Spam Analysis
> "Your Spam Specimen Has Been Processed."
> Open a ticket for Hotmail<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866> ?

Atro Tossavainen, Chairman of the Board
Infinite Mho Oy, Helsinki, Finland
tel. +358-44-5000 600, http://www.infinitemho.fi/