Thanks for the reply.

Our situation is that they have an SMTP IP that’s on an RBL that we use, and
their sender(s) can't send to our customer(s) when Suddenlink sends the emails
through that SMTP.

I could whitelist the specific IP, but if they have a compromised account
abusing the Suddenlink SMTP, I don’t want to open our server up to getting
their spam and having to filter it.  Plus, if they do have a compromised user
account it may cause multiple SMTP's to get onto various RBL’s, so it seems
best for Suddenlink to take the reins here...

I’m kind of reverse troubleshooting this with their customer because our
customer is being contrary and wouldn’t even put forth the effort to provide us
with the bounce error.  I’ve advised the Suddenlink customer to contact the
email administrator, but not sure how much traction that will get.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mike

On Nov 20, 2020, at 2:08 PM, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> Is there anyone with Suddenlink on this list, or does anyone have any
> contacts with them, if so please contact me off list.  It seems that emails
> sent to their postmaster account bounce.

Having *just* gone 'round with them on this for a client, and (after many
emails and phone calls) getting a response, what we have learned is that you
actually need to speak with Synchronoss - Synchronoss is their inbound border
patrol, so to speak, and it is Synchronoss who is blocking any email access to
Suddenlink accounts.

Unfortunately I don't have a Synchronoss contact for you - in fact if anybody
here does, please let me know!

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell,  Attorney at Law
CEO, SuretyMail Email Reputation Certification
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Legislative and Legal Consultant
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Former Counsel: Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)
Location: Boulder, Colorado