Am 14.01.21 um 19:06 schrieb Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop:
> Who will draw the line between what is and what isn't allowed to
> publish/send/say on the Net? Who will guarantee taht when you send some
> political content with which your ISP doesn't agree, you won't be labeled as
> "spammer" and "bad guy" and banned? A *lot* (and I mean a *lot*) of care
> is required with regard to these things and my perception is that our
> today's society is just not able to being careful... :( It's always either
> one side or the other...

In the area of e-mail (that's the topic here) there's a very simple rule which
covers almost all cases nicely:

*I'ts about consent, not content.*

If I did not agree to someone pushing their crap into my mailbox or onto my
smartphone, I want the directly accessible
entity to take measures to stop that abusive behavior, preferably not only as
far as my mailbox is affected
(listwashing) but as far as every unwanting recipient is affected. The
discussion about spam and free speech is as old
as spam itself, and it's almost always a strawman argument. Stopping spammers
is *not* censoring free speech.

What Michael probably meant with the allusion to Trump being banned was that
providers become aware that they can't hide
behind free speech argument all the time.

I won't discuss the appropriateness of blocking Trump in social media on this
mailing list, although I have a very clear
opinion on that.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin