Am 18.02.21 um 15:22 schrieb Lauren Donovan via mailop:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am wondering if someone here might have some insight into an issue I am
> experiencing with Gmail customers. Here are
> the details:
>
> 1.) When the customers click to opt-in on our form page, they are sent a
> confirmation via a Smartertools email.
> 2.) We use SendGrid to email them in the future with newsletters, tools, and
> other marketing information.
> 3.) We just aren't inboxing with Gmail. Never have, despite the customer
> opting in.
>
> Questions:
> 1.) Can anyone recommend a solution?
> 2.) Should we be integrating SmarterTools and SendGrid so the confirmation
> email comes directly from SendGrid, and
> thus, follow-up emails aren't from a cold, third-party sender?
> 3.) Should confirmation emails come from SendGrid and we drop Smartertools
> altogether?
>
> So grateful for any advice.
>
> Lauren

Not being Gmail or SendGrid, it's hard to give reliable advice.

Do you get feedback from SendGrid about SMTP reject reasons they get from
Gmail? That might be a first hint on what to
change.

One thing you should be aware of is that SendGrid has gained a bit of a bad
reputation recently due to their apparent
inability to curb spam and phishing mails. It is possible that this affects
deliverability at Gmail, but without knowing
actual reject reasons this is just a guess.

Given that it's the mails sent via SendGrid that aren't delivered, it sounds
like a bad idea to send the confirmation
requests through them as well. You might get much fewer confirmations that way
:-)

Cheers,
Hans-Martin