On 2021-02-18 9:22 a.m., Lauren Donovan via mailop wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if someone here might have some insight into an issue I am experiencing with Gmail customers. Here are the details:

1.) When the customers click to opt-in on our form page, they are sent a confirmation via a Smartertools email. 2.) We use SendGrid to email them in the future with newsletters, tools, and other marketing information. 3.) We just aren't inboxing with Gmail. Never have, despite the customer opting in.

Questions:
1.) Can anyone recommend a solution?
2.) Should we be integrating SmarterTools and SendGrid so the confirmation email comes directly from SendGrid, and thus, follow-up emails aren't from a cold, third-party sender? 3.) Should confirmation emails come from SendGrid and we drop Smartertools altogether?

Are you following all of Gmail's Best practices? https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en

 * Authentication: SPF, DKIM, & DMARC
     o "spf": {
          "error": "benepath.net does not have a SPF TXT record"
     o   "dmarc": {
            "error": "A DMARC record does not exist for this domain or
       its base domain"
 * Send only Opt-in emails
 * Use the Google Postmaster Tools - postmaster.google.com
 * Avoid traffic bursts/spikes
 * Send over TLS
 * Build reputation with IP and domain warming (start with a small
   volume and grow)
 * Use "list unsubscribe" headers in your message
 * Segment mail types by subdomain (transaction vs marketing vs
   corporate mail on separate subdomains)

There are lots of marketing/email related blogs to read that will give you advice on how to properly send mail and fix delivery issues, as well as a number of quality consultants to help with remediation or review of existing configurations.

MV