Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:45:46 +0000
Subject: *****Reverse Aging With Common Morning habit
To: abi...@a2h.dynns.com
 <https://groups.google.com/a/a2h.dynns.com/group/cvcvxsdsdbb/subscribe>

* Large increase in phishing/spam from known bad networks, especially from the eastern european and russian bullet proof hosters.

(These are easy to stop though)

* Brazilian IoT spammers.

(Wow, the sheer volume is almost breathtaking, but why is that Brazilian ISP's don't block port 25 on egress? Or that Brazilian CERT or LACNIC get any traction in getting ISP's to address the problem? Both compromised IoT routers and older Windows PC's)

* Compromised GPON routers

(This problem is more from SouthEast Asia, and it's only a few LARGE networks responsible)

Above two are easily stopped with RBL's and regex databases at connection, but the problem is heavily shifting to AUTH attacks, and other attacks, and of course being dynamic networks, you can't run reputation blocking on client->server communications safely.

* Large ISP's still with no rDNS for their customers?

Not really spam related, but seriously people.. You really are doing a disservice to your customers and the internet. It only takes an hour or two to set up.. Let's start a shaming campaign.

* Amazon AUTH Attacks, ec2 networks..

(Are there really that many servers getting compromised, or is the new 'safe haven' for hackers)

Highly recommend that if you run an email server, block ALL email authentication from Amazon EC2 space, unless specifically required. RATS-AUTH adding almost 100 IP(s) a day just from Amazon IP Space

* OVH... Do I need to say more?

* Increased sophistication in 'phishing' attacks..

This is of course the area that our spam auditing work on the most lately, as the seriousness and damage it can cause are greatest. (You have implemented transparent 2FA to all email authentication now havent' you?)

Content is getting scaringly convincing, and we see an increase in numbers where hackers are standing up servers, explicitly for launching phishing attacks. And they are phishing for a lot more services than ever. And of course, the many strains of viruses that use compromised accounts. (If you having too many compromised accounts, reach out, some easy tricks to automatically prevent and identify those)

And of course, the successes in ransomware, and the lack of speedy takedown's, and action against providers that are most responsible, have made this even more attractive.

In all honesty, it's probably been worse the last two weeks, that in the last year, while thankfully most attacks are still fairly simple to stop if you are in the industry, the poor email operators working along have their hands full.

Keep safe everyone!

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."