On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 1:24 PM Michael Peddemors via mailop <
mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> With apache, you can use modsecurity quite easily, and you can block all
> azure (and other cloud providers ranges) from certain services like
> wordpress, or contact forms etc.. (you can even do dns based checks or
> rbldnsd) ..

Are there any links for this? AFAIK mod_security is just a module - to
actually do anything it requires a ruleset.  Further from that, how does it
determine what is Azure and what is not?  Is it just blocking IP
addresses?  Seems you'd need a list of all of the Azure IP address space.
And from what I have seen the offending IPs are all over the place:

157.55.39.138
207.46.13.5
20.83.33.136
20.94.247.9
40.124.141.27
40.124.141.27
40.124.193.244
40.76.220.206

Are just a few.

But if there's a way to block Azure and other cloud based services, I'd be
interested in that.  But I'd suspect you'd need a list of all of their IP
address spaces - is that information available some where?