On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 07:39:31PM +0200, Marcus Hoffmann via mailop wrote:
> for context, I run a small mailserver, used by mainly me and a couple of
> friends and famely. I also run a few webservices which sometimes send
> transactional emails to people who sign up there. (Mainly a weblate instance
> with around 150 or so users).

I used to be in a similar situation in that I am using a VPS as a
private email server which happened to be in a bad network
neighbourhood, so any emails to Microsoft got blocked.

I eventually managed to got the sending IP unblocked by providing
proof that I am in full control of the sending IP address (and have
nothing to do with any other IP addresses in the network
neighbourhood) - basically I was asked to send them an invoice from my
VPS provider sowing the IP address. Now emails to Microsoft seem to
get to the Inbox.

Maybe I was actually lucky that emails got completely blocked - I
guess the case of emails being marked as spam are harder to argue than
an outright block.

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org