Should SendGrid not simply block obvious malware, no matter who the client? And 4 weeks is far to long to allow malware to travel around the internet.. this is getting to be a standard approach that won't endear you, or help your companies reputation in the community, as you probably guess.

You probably can't change Twilio/Sendgrid policy, and I am sure no-one above you can be convinced to shut down a paying client, even temporarily..

We also see this at other big cloud providers.. oh, that is a reseller, we have notified them to clean up their act..

Month's later, the activity continues, virus's propogate, phishing and other criminal activity continue....

When the government decides to weigh in, and make large companies with enough money to pay big penalties, you only have yourselves to blame.

At some point, we have to become better netizens..

        -- Michael --

PS, Luke at least you responded, which everyone on this list do appreciate.. honesty is still better than hiding.. And of course, the CEO doesnt' see the risk.. hey, Digital Ocean went public based on how many customers they have, didnt matter what they used the droplets for ;)

On 2021-08-04 4:40 p.m., Luke via mailop wrote:
The account in question was told they need to clean up their act about 4 weeks ago. A week later we saw their overall sending volume drop by more than 66%. Bounces and spam report percentages dropped. That data, along with some unscientific subject line analysis, it is clear that they have made significant positive changes to their sending. Clearly they still have work to do. We appreciate the continued communication, and we will continue to push them to close this abuse vector on their service.

Cheers,
Luke

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 1:43 PM Atro Tossavainen via mailop <mailop@mailop.org <mailto:mailop@mailop.org>> wrote:

    On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 11:16:15AM -0600, Brielle via mailop wrote:
     > Like the title asks?
     >
     > Still seeing it daily in my logs hitting the system filters...  Same
     > source accounts, same general bodies with no unsubscribes, sent
     > through Zoom's accounts at Sendgrid...

    Confirmed, vehemently.

     > I don't mean to be impatient and all, but it has been a while...

    I am not holding my breath. If I wasn't in the business of deliberately
    collecting spam... AS11377, you know what I mean...

-- Atro Tossavainen, Chairman of the Board
    Infinite Mho Oy, Helsinki, Finland
    tel. +358-44-5000 600, http://www.infinitemho.fi/
    <http://www.infinitemho.fi/>

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."