On 8/5/21 9:41 AM, John Levine wrote:
It appears that Brielle via mailop <br...@2mbit.com> said:
There's also the matter of the lack of unsubscribe...  Has zoom
explained why they are allowing their customers to send unconfirmed
opt-out mail with no unsubscribe option?

Good point.  That's one of the few things that is specifically illegal under
CAN SPAM.

Perhaps we can collect them all and then sue both Sendgrid and Zoom.

So, just an update...

I can confirm, for sure, that there's no actual Zoom / Sendgrid unsubscribe link in the spams based on the most recent spams that I allowed in to analyze. Only 'unsubscribe' link (notice the quotes) is a highly questionable Google Forms 'unsubscribe' run by the spammer themselves.

In fact, and you are going to LOVE this, the spams, being sent through IPs with zoom RNDS, owned by Sendgrid, _don't even have any content that links to anything on zoom_.

All the content directs you to go to Google Forms (forms.gle) which then take down personal information which purports to be for the supposed zoom webinar.

I'm not kidding. Zoom (by way of Sendgrid) are essentially allowing people to use their platform to send spam with no content linking directly back to Zoom - only to Google Forms (in this case).

What is going on over there, Zoom? That's insane that you are allowing customers to basically use your Sendgrid account to pretty much send anything they want with no forced Zoom/Sendgrid unsubscribe link that the spammers have no control over.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org