On 11/22/21 11:16 AM, Chris Adams via mailop wrote:
Possibly because some consumer equipment and software appears to have
8.8.8.8 hard-coded, ignoring local (e.g. DHCP-provided) settings.

This is one of the reasons that I anycast common DNS servers /in/ /my/ /lab/ environment /where/ /I'm/ /ultimately/ /responsible/ for anything and everything done therein.

Note: I would /NEVER/ do this where it would effect DNS traffic from clients outside of my administrative control.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die