On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 03:07:02PM +0200, Mary via mailop wrote:>> I think Linode does not follow the /64 rule and assigns thousands of customers within the 2a01:7e01::/64 block. They user a bunch of blocks, depending on their data centre.>> I think by default each client is assigned a single /128 IPv6 address per server. That is rather stupid behavior on Linode's part then. The rest of the Internet uses a /64 per subnet and typically a /56 per customer minimum.

What are they thinking? Are they really worried about running out of IPv6 addresses?

Vote with your feet.

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880