Am 26.11.2021 um 10:25 schrieb Mary via mailop:
Thinking out loud...

Would it be possible for the two sides (blocklists and a cloud/hosting
providers) to come together and have some kind of automated notification?

It is possible and it already works that way for a handful of blacklists.

Since this thread is about Spamhaus I'll start with them. They already send automated notifications for any public SBL listings. Atro linked to those listings for Linode earlier in this thread.

CSS and XBL listings don't cause automated notifications. However, hosters/ISPs have access to that data via the PBL account:
https://portal.spamhaus.org/isp/start/

Once they sign up for their networks, they can download a list of all CSS and XBL listings for IPs within those ranges. In fact, Spamhaus even offers an API that allows automatic downloading of those lists.

I manually check those lists every other day, and then use our abuse system to send notifications to the respective clients. Hosters who have implemented the API can do so automatically.

Quick aside: I only see IPv4 listings on those lists, so it is possible IPv6 isn't yet supported through that system, which means in this case it wouldn't have helped. There are a few Spamhaus reps on this list, so I'm sure one of them will correct me if anything I mentioned above is wrong.

Apart from Spamhaus, there are also other blacklists that send notifications. The larger ones are SpamCop and SORBS, but there are also smaller ones like 0spam and Manitu. All of them send notifications automatically, apart from SORBS, where a sign-up is required. For a hoster like us that is hugely beneficial, and we are really thankful for those blacklists.

FBL notifications can also be helpful (mostly setup through validity - https://fbl.validity.com/).

To sum up, there is already a system in place with multiple blacklists sending automated notifications. A few reasons why there isn't more cooperation have already been mentioned, and I know there are more reasons (like cost).

Kind regards
Bastiaan