On 12/6/21 1:02 PM, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
In general, Linode is not a bad place.. However, you should ask them to provide you 'rwhois' for your IP Address.

Linode didn't offer rwhois nor SWIP when I asked them about it O(18) months ago. I'd love to learn if that has changed.

PS, turn off IPv6 sending from that IP Address.

Linode re-uses / overloads /64 IPv6 prefixes by default. But you can request a dedicated /64 IPv6 prefix for no cost. Then it's a matter of tweaking the routing to prefer the dedicated IPv6 address(es).

I have exceedingly few IPv6 email destinations that I have to set up an unreachable route for to force falling back to IPv4. (Or cause the MTA to not use IPv6 for specific destinations. But the route works for more than just the MTA.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die