On 19/12/2021 15:55, Christof Meerwald wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 03:23:03PM +0100, Daniele Nicolodi via mailop wrote:
The Linode support team contacted the Microsoft but their intervention did
not have any effect. I contacted them myself through

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/8ad563e3-288e-2a61-8122-3ba03d6b8d75

and this is the response I received:

Not qualified for mitigation
109.74.203.128
Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) do not qualify for
mitigation.

Which roughly translates to "we don't care about receiving email from
independent senders".

This sucks, but I don't think there is anything to do about it.

Just don't take this as their final answer - explain that you have
only just recently been allocated this IP address (with evidence that
the IP address is now assigned to your server - they might ask for a
copy of an invoice showing that IP address) and they will likely
remove you from the block list. Also see
https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/troubleshooting/microsoft-blacklist/

My server had the same IP for close to 10 years now. AFAIK, recently the outlook admins deciced that they don't like the Linode IP block. This isn't related to the messages my server tries to send them (which are probably just a few hundred in 10 years) and as such there is anything I can do to change their evaluation.

Cheers,
Dan