This is actually email-related, as someone used an old seed address as a
contact point for a fake AT&T Wireless account to order a tricked-out iPhone,
to be sent to my wife at a street address we vacated months ago, and which is
not currently inhabited.

The email address is a test seed I used to check out data fate on a co-reg
site in 2008.  Appenders appear to have associated this address with my wife.
She now is inundated with half a dozen Trump-O-Grams™ daily, and now this.

On Friday, 10 Dec, that account received a note from AT&T requesting address
verification, followed by two more notes acknowledging order #
23-seventeendigits and giving its current status.

That order is for an "Apple iPhone 13 - 512GB- Product(Red)".   Hooh, price
not disclosed, but over ninety dollars sales tax.

Today, 11 Dec, more status email, the most recent containing the FedEx
tracking number.  The item was picked up by FedEx in Irving, Texas today at
11:10 USCST, and will be delivered on Monday to an address we vacated months
back.

Since crimes never occur on weekends, AT&T Fraud Department won't come to life
again until Monday, probably too late to ask law enforcement in Frisco, Texas
to see who picks up the package.

Being a veteran of operation at large providers, I KNOW that there is some way
to wake someone up before the bird is flown.

If somebody has the resources to do this with li'l ol' us, there have to be
thousands of similar operations under way.

mdr