on Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 07:17:43AM -0800, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
> The problem isn't 'technical', but rather political.  There are
> those out there that believe by including the originating IP
> Address, you are exposing PPI (Private Personal Information) by
> including the IP Address.
>
> Of course, I personally think this is baloney, as the email operator
> can simply tell customers that this information will be disclosed,
> as part of the terms of service.  By including the IP Address, you
> add transparency, security and safety to the communication.

I hope to die before that logic extends to hiding what channel you are
tuned into on a TV or radio for "privacy reasons". Infrastructure is
infrastructure, it's not like every packet you send has a social security
number or bank account routing number in it. Ridiculous.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
Internet security and antispam hostname intelligence: http://enemieslist.com/