On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 10:51 AM Edgaras | SENDER via mailop <
mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> > It does seem like Google could notice "old" date headers and BCCs and
> the fact the mail is coming from a dedicated spam factory and maybe treat
> it a little differently, though.
>
> My point exactly. They could maybe notice it's hard failing SPF, or rDNS,
> or just about every requirement they have published.

We do notice all of those things, and we do use that to determine which are
spam and which are not with some level of accuracy.

It seems like you want us to block all of these messages at smtp time.  We
do block a lot, but not all.  Partially, we don't block them all so that
there is some chance
for false positives to make it to the spam label where they can be marked
not spam.

And yes, we know that scams getting to the spam label have some potential
for harm, and we do try to limit that in multiple ways... and of course,
generally speaking the spam label is much more expensive to us than
blocking at smtp time, so keeping the size of the spam label is a goal.  We
know that spammers send billions of messages just to get some into the spam
label.

Brandon