I have a user on one of my servers that uses procmail to forward messages to their gmail account.

Every once in a while messages sent to them are "bounced" to the sender with the error fro gmail:

550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information or fails to
550-5.7.26 pass
    authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 550-5.7.26
    message has been blocked.

How can I diagnose this???

Is it that the message sender's domain has a DMARC setting or some such that gmail is using and that my server (which is just forwarding the message) is failing?

If so, how is someone supposed to forward messages to gmail???

Thanks,
     Geoff