On Fri, 29 Apr 2022, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:

Dnia 28.04.2022 o godz. 14:14:02 Dan Mahoney via mailop pisze:
I've told any of my users to not forward to gmail instead, but rather to
just use their pop-fetcher.

You wouldn't want to give anybody - be it Google or anybody else - login
credentials to your email account, would you?

In many organisations it is worse than that.
With single-sign-on it gives Google etc. access to the user's
desktop, files and compute resources.

As the sysadmin I would be trying to figure out how to give "Google"
a seperate authentication, only valid for popping mail, without
adding an extra password and confusing everyone.
Not to mention the risks of letting "Google" see possibly
confidential emails.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk