+1

And they don't offer 'rwhois' to their customers, so the few honest guys on their networks are painted with the same brush..

And rather than bothering to worry about their reputation, they just tell their customers they have to use their outbound filtering services to send email where blacklisted ;)

Huge swathes of snowshoe spammers, but even worse the ones sending phishing campaigns.. and malware..

On 2022-06-07 10:11, Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop wrote:
Hi,

it's probably no surprise to anybody, but Leaseweb is a confirmed spammer haven.

I gave it a last try today, reporting a number of IP addresses which are apparently operated by just one spammer.

Positive results:

  * Leaseweb accepts e-mail complaints to the abuse address listed in
    their IP whois record. Yay!
  * They have a ticket system that's simple, easy to use, looks nice,
    extracts IP addresses and domain names from abuse report mails.
    That's much more than many other providers do!

Negative results:

  * The spam still continues.
  * Their bot response basically says
    /Your abuse notification has been processed and marked as resolved
    by our customer. Leaseweb therefore considers this issue as concluded./
  * Of course, their notion of "resolved" and "concluded" is different
    from mine. I would have expected that the spam stops, but no, not
    with Leaseweb.

Outcome of the experiment:

Leaseweb IP ranges will go into the IP level block list, to be removed whenever I feel like it after having too much beer, or the server gets rebooted (approx. once every 1-2 years).

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."