Hi Slavo,

p=none is not always harmless. Some message filters treat p=none differently to
not having DMARC. For example, Alice periodically treats p=none as equivalent
to p=reject. Or there is an ISP who junks mail from domains with an RUA
pointing to a freemail account, regardless of the policy. They are perhaps,
rare, and extreme cases but there are more than a few providers that don't
implement DMARC correctly and don't send reports either - messages just don't
reach the inbox.

So, in this case, where I know absolutely zero about the poster's MLM audience
etc., I recommend no DMARC record at all. It gives the best possible chance of
the mailing list messages achieving inbox placement. Plus, most list operators
don't have the time to be lecturing/mediating/pleading with ISPs who are
blocking messages because don't understand DMARC.

Of course, maybe the lists in question have a risk profile that would justify
DMARC. If so, then it should be deployed fully, not just left lingering at
p=none.

I do have a client where we implemented DMARC with p=reject on their lists. But
they are not public lists, and the recipients belong to a very limited number
of known domains.

Ken.