Dnia 19.06.2022 o godz. 08:40:18 Noel Butler via mailop pisze:

> I was a very early (even in testing) user of SPF,  It's rather commical
> reading these FUD sayers about SPF and mailing lists, it has never been a
> problem with mailing lists, not using mailman nor its more common
> predecessor majordomo, and I've never noticed anything wrong with qmail
> users ezmlm.

While SPF *alone* is no problem with mailing lists - I agree with you - then
SPF used with DMARC (and that was what I had in mind, maybe I was not
precise enough) indeed *is*, as as you surely know, SPF with DMARC
effectively requires not only that SPF itself passes, but envelope-from and
header-from are identical (or at least point to the same domain). This has
been discussed here multiple times. So mailing list would have to rewrite
the header-from of the messages, which indeed some mailing lists do (eg.
Google Groups), but I consider this being more a problem than a solution.

> As for forwarding, SPF is only a problem if you dont follow standards and
> re-write.

Hm... as far as I know, the most obvious (and being *de facto standard* -
regardless of not being formalized anywhere) method of forwarding, which is
the use of .forward file (or equivalent methods, like /etc/aliases), does
not rewrite anything. Blaming users for using what they have available, and
using it as designed, does not make much sense. If there is anyone to blame
at all, you should blame MTA developers and not users. But I still think the
ones to blame are the ones who invented SPF.

Plus, use of SPF with DMARC - even with rewriting - causes the same problem
as with mailing lists.

Of course, you don't have to publish a DMARC record. But then, Google won't
like your mail...
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa