Addendum: It's amazing how many billion dollar companies can't even get SPF right.. Pop Quiz.. how many recursive DNS queries are supposed to be in SPF max?

On 2022-08-12 10:24, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
And frankly, for most people it is the easiest solution.

So many time we tell people, turn off IPv6 and all their problems go away, but asking them to set up all the extra layers such as SPF, DKIM etc, and to do it right.. well.. in practice, people have better things to do..

We of course still say:

* Sane PTR, only a single one unless you are forced to have two (small subnet DNS responsibility)
* Only a couple of A records, keep the list small (UDP vs retry to TCP0
* Implement a sane SPF record (Amazing how many people have trouble with this, or simply add everyone.. if you include all of google, amazon, and microsoft, why bother having an SPF record ;) * Turn off ipv6 for MTA->MTA mail. (I know the IPv6 evangelists scream when I say this, but email operators just want it to work) Slowly we work towards first MTU->MTA over IPv6, I think we will see IPv4->IPv4 for server to server communication for some time yet.

Let's not try to make it too difficult for the little guys, we should be encouraging more people operating email servers, not making it so difficult that they throw their hands in the air, and move to Gmail..
(of course, that might be the plan all along ;)