But we do have to educate don't we? If they don't know it's bad, will they fix it? Many times we are the 'first' company that lets someone know they have bad KSF records..

Be nice if the DNS resolvers would test it like they do all other configs, before allowing it to be used..

But the really scary part, given the size of some clouds, is that allowing ALL the IPs in the clouds SPF record, means any malware or miscreant on the same cloud can impersonate them.

On 2022-08-15 19:59, Brandon Long wrote:
I mean, you can either limit it to the limits in the RFC and fail a bunch of things that would otherwise pass, or acknowledge that those limits are much smaller than practical given the proliferation of third party senders
that are used by companies.

Especially since some larger companies will not break the limit themselves, but make it much harder for their users to stay within the limits (ugh, yeah, that's workspace customers).

Brandon