It appears that Gellner, Oliver via mailop <oliver.gell...@dm.de> said:

>> Am 16.09.2022 um 19:22 schrieb Grant Taylor via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>:
>> The mailing list is the terminus of the message that I'm typing.  The
>> mailing list is also a origination point of a new message substantively
>> based on the contents of my message.  But it is not my email.  As such, I
>> fully believe that the emails that the mailing list sends should be
>wholly from the mailing list, perhaps with my name in the human friendly part
>of the from address while the actual email address reflects the mailop mailing
>list.

Yeah, that's the lousy workaround most people use to avoid DMARC breakage.

For thirty years we all used mailing lists that didn't mess with the
author's name or address, so you could easily reply eiher to the
authors or the list (and please don't mansplain to me what Reply-To
does.) That stopped working when AOL and Yahoo repurposed DMARC to
outsource the support costs of incoming spam due to their own security
failures.

Now I see it's been long enough that people are forgetting that this
hack is a hack, and why nobody did it until events forced them to.

R's,
John