Anyone have a suggestion for a good cloud email provider with good
deliverability and control over their customers?

My client asked and said:

The big three seem to be Google, Microsoft, or Amazon. I expect that Google
would be good but they are the most expensive and I have concerns about them
reading every email that goes through. I use a lot of Microsoft software but
I have mixed feelings about the company. They can make some good products,
but they also screw up regularly and are difficult to work with. Amazon is
an amazing company and I'm doing more and more business with them, even
though I worry about them becoming too dominate. Their SES email has
terrible deliverability, from what I've seen, but I don't know much about
their regular mailbox service. Do you know how their deliverability is?