Allessio,

* Alessio Cecchi via mailop <ales...@skye.it>:
> I was trying to configure an email account with MS Outlook via Autodiscover
> (IMAP and SMTP), but it seems to not be working. The account is hosted on my
> personal email server, the Autoconfig has no such problems.
>
> I performed some tests with other email providers, for example with a
> standard email account hosted at OVH. During the configuration Outlook set
> "ssl0.ovh.net" as the IMAP server.
>
> OVH domains have an Autodiscover record in the DNS zone, but Outlook will
> correctly configure an account even if I remove it.
>
> Does MS Outlook stil support Autodiscover for all email providers?

it seems to me Microsoft removed support for Autodiscover SMTP / POP / IMAP
discovery when they updated Autodiscover and also changed the output format
from XML to JSON.

I write "seems" because I'd tried to verify that when I mailed with someone at
Microsoft half-officially, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a concluding
answer.

That's unfortunate because we had wanted to implement the recent incarnation
of Autodiscover into automx, which to my current knowledge only supports any
client that uses autoconfig and Autodiscover for MS Outlook < 2016 at this
time.

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München