Validating From headers is the whole thing behind DMARC.  Yes, an MSP
should validate the From header for mail it originates, but there are often
cases such as various kinds of relaying, where doing so is not possible.
One can use DMARC or other heuristics to try and figure that out when
forwarding/relaying, but its definitely not a "this obviously shouldn't
happen" kind of thing.

The flip side is you can also implement DMARC and reject the spoofed mail
from MS if they are indeed failing at it.

Brandon