On 19/12/2022 20:36, Jay Hennigan via mailop wrote:
On 12/19/22 07:21, Daniele Nicolodi via mailop wrote:
Hello,

it seems that Nextdoor recently went on a mission to expand their user
base and are mailing former users with whatever crap. The unsubscribe
link at the end of their emails does nothing. If anything it seems that
following the link is seen as engagement and the number of usolicited
emails increases.

I've been subscribed for many years and until recently Nextdoor only
emailed local neighborhood events as expected.

Starting on September 19, Nextdoor began sending at least triple the
volume of previous email, stories about items all over the country. It
took quite a bit of fiddling with settings in their web portal to tame
it back to local events only.

There was no notice or opportunity to opt-out of the non-local noise
ahead of time and the process to unsubscribe from the unwanted and
unrequested items was not obvious.

Either my efforts to unsubscribe were successful or they got the message
from others that what they were doing was a bad idea as it seems to have
reverted to local items only.

I thought that "former user" in the description of my situation was clear enough to mean that I don't have an user account with them anymore. However I received a few replies now suggesting to check my notification settings in my user account. I will repeat it once more:

I don't have an user account with Nextdoor.

Activating one requires going through the snake mail verification process. Not living in the US anymore, this is not an option. Even if it would, I don't think that requiring this to opt out of their spam is a sensible policy.

Anyhow, space in /dev/null is cheap. I'll archive there all their communications for later analysis.

Cheers,
Dan