Dňa 26. januára 2023 12:11:50 UTC používateľ Florian Vierke via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:

>If you implement DMARC as a recipient, you must check for DKIM and for SPF,
>exactly because one of them is sufficient to pass. If you do only check SPF as
>a receiver and the sender is authenticating via DKIM, an SPF fail would
>directly lead to a DMARC fail, which isn't correct.

My understanding is the same, in other words (excluding align
for now):

+ standalone SPF pass is enough for DMARC pass
+ standalone SPF not pass is not enough for DMARC fail

The same for DKIM.

Thus if one doesn't do DKIM verify (and does only SPF), it **can**
result in DMARC pass, but not DMARC fail, and DMARC hasn't other
states, only pass or fail (apply policy)...

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/