It appears that jmurray--- via mailop <jmur...@pdknox.org> said:
>> Do you add subject tags or list footers?  If you just pass messages through
>> without
>> changing them, it's only slightly surprising that DMARC aligns.  But most
>> lists
>> change the messages which make the aligned DKIM signature fail.
>
>Nope, I'm staunchly agin it.

OK, but let's just say that's a minority position in mailing lists in general.

>This is a limited community, mostly gov't and uni traffic, with a few
>freemails here and there.
>
>So what I'm hearing is "luck". Perhaps I should revisit the policy.
>Didn't even realize DMARC with no DKIM was a thing at this point. Thank
>you.

Most of the SPF-only DMARC I see is from government agencies who get a
command from above to do DMARC and do it the cheapest quickest way
they can, by publishing SPF and DMARC records and doing nothing else.
I used to host the mail for my local town government and was having
trouble losing fairly important mail from the US Census bureau that was
SPF-only.

R's,
John