It appears that ml+mailop--- via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> said:
>On Tue, Feb 28, 2023, Andrew C Aitchison via mailop wrote:
>
>> Is there an SMTP equivalent of the HTTP 30x status codes ?
>
>Maybe this: RFC 5321:
>   551  User not local; please try <forward-path> (See Section 3.4)

Yes, but I doubt that anyone has actually acted on a 551 in this millenium.

I concur with the advice that if you care about the mail, deliver it
locally and pick it up.  If you have a normal MUA you can set it up to
handle multiple inboxes.  The large webmails let you tell them to poll
mailboxes other places and collect the mail.

R's,
John