Really interesting thread. But like most other threads it seems to me that
the result is always the same: *it depends*.

In the last months my main pains were:

A. extortion messages like "I recorded you doing bad things, pay me". Tons
deleted, but some in the inboxes.

B. phishing, some generic, some specific for our web mail interface. The
latter, sometimes, carry our logo in the fake page...

Almost 100% of B and most of A comes from hacked mailboxes, from university
or government agencies, so standard MTAs that won't be blocked by NoListing
nor greylisting.

Probably I can propose a 1 minute greylisting so that some RBLs can catch
up, but I think it is still not enough.

What is your experience?