On Sat, 25 Mar 2023, Slavko via mailop wrote:

Dňa 25. marca 2023 17:11:48 UTC používateľ Andrew C Aitchison via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2023, Grant Taylor via mailop wrote:
I never understood different envelope senders for each attempt of a given
message.  --  I can see different envelope senders per message, a la. VERP. But
I would naively expect each message to have a fixed envelope sender and
recipient from submission time until delivery time.

I guess that having something to trace individual attempts
though the logs is useful if you are working at scale
and the typical user is more likely to report the sender address than the
message id ?

I believe that here are better ways to track individual attempts
in logs (eg. concantenate sender/MID & time, or custom log entry),
than change sender every time. Thus it is either not this case
or really naive way (with  expose that envelope sender is not real).

I am guessing that the help desk need a key into the logs
and they cannot assume that the customer has provided the headers.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk