Dňa 20. apríla 2023 16:43:45 UTC používateľ John Levine via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:

>As far as I know nobody has implemented the elliptic signatures in RFC 8463
>other
>than for testing.  Same reason.

Are you sure that nobody?

I do dual sign for about 2 years already. I start to log DKIM signature
types only some weeks ago, but i see some Ed25519 algos already
in logs (other than my own). From time to time i see success Ed25519
DKIM verification in DMARC reports too.

But yes, no one big email player does it, nor sign, nor verify. And many
does it wrong -- the Ed25519 failed and RSA success (thus i guess
that they fails to ignore unsupported signature algo).

AFAIK, at least the exim & rspamd both supports Ed25519 DKIM, for
both -- the signature & verifying, thus anybody using it supports
both algos without any effort (for verify) from admin side. For sign
they both use different key format, that is a little complication,
but as all will do sign only in one of them, that doesn't matter...

I don't want to feed the conspiracy about backdoors in RSA, but
that lack of Ed25519 support (on verify side) from big players is
IMO interesting...

regards

--
Slavko