It just seems that if people would read the documentation for SPF and
specify exactly what IP addresses are suppose to be sending email from your
domain name (I mean... if you own that domain name, shouldn't you know what
IP addresses are going to be sending legitimate mail from that domain?)
then the only all operator that should be used is -all.

But because nobody could seem to grasp this idea another record had to be
created to act as oversight for SPF and DMARC was born.

I fully expect that eventually another oversight record will be created to
oversee DMARC.

And we wonder why email is in the disarray that it is.