On Sun, 2023-06-25 at 14:28 +0100, Dmytro Homoniuk via mailop wrote:

> 450 4.3.2 Please retry immediately. If your message was rejected by a
> blacklist, see XXXX for more information.
>
> Now this just adds needless ambiguity: was it rejected because of the
> blacklist or not? Am I on a blacklist? Which one? Should I actually retry?
> And if I retry and see the same thing - does THAT mean I'm blacklisted?

Your message wasn't rejected at all, it was deferred. You're trying to
out-think the RFC.

> The ESP decided not to retry which was not in user's
> best interests, the receiving MTA decided not to accept on first try
> - which was also not in user's best interests. I don't see either a
> winner here, nor anyone being right really - except the user who is
> being royally screwed by everyone

Except the part where I decided not to accept the message. I'm actually
not sitting in front of the mail server with a button that 4xx defers
messages I don't like. Temporary issues happen from time to time. And
if you were paying attention at all, you would know that I've been
going out of my way for YEARS to make sure that messages like these are
received.